Monday, May 17, 2010

Black Dynamite


Dynamite!

I have been introduced to the blaxploitation film genre not through a 1970s classic but through a film made in 2009. Black Dynamite has tried to take everything from the blaxploitation period and take you back to the 1970s with it's use of editing, afros and pimping suits.

I am seriously getting onto this genre! I have a slight obsession with black people and after watching 'Good Hair' I have been trying my luck with a few black films but now I have finally hit the jackpot. This film has so many one-liners, I just want to quote it forever!

i.e "You know he came around here about a week ago, with some cats that I had never seen before. Man, I mean these cats looked mean! Meaner than two fat motherfuckers wrestling over pork chops and greens, can you dig it?" -- amazing shit.

I wouldn't even know where to begin with the whole storyline of this film. It is so wack. There is one scene where Black Dynamite is trying to help his crew figure out this whole mystery and the stuff they came up with is ridiculously funny!

I think it's best I just say go out and see it and also give the trailer a watch to get you into it. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment