Monday, May 24, 2010

Tenure


Luke Wilson in a scene from the film

After watching Tenure I feel really happy and content. What made me feel this way was quite possibly the locations in which the film was shot, (after some research I discovered the film was shot in Pennsylvania - now adding it to my list of travel destinations).

It seems this film isn't getting the credit it deserves after being only filmed in a few festivals before going straight to DVD. Coming from the producer of Rushmore, I definitely got a Rushmore vibe. With the whole location being a place of education and also the characters in the film were quirky and original. Of course the guy that always provides us with laughs, David Koechner, is our main source of comedy in Tenure.


There's nothing overly fabulous about the storyline but it provided some laughs and overall joy. Luke Wilson is rather mundane as Charlie Thurber, but surprisingly that didn't frustrate me all that much, but some might find this to be a pain, (I think I was in a very good mood when I watched this).

This film's great to watch if you're not in the mood for anything too heavy nor something that is stupidly funny. It somehow fits in the middle and is just a good movie to chill out to.

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment