Sunday, May 2, 2010

Nowhere Boy


ah... Babe!

Okay I will try my best to keep the fact that Aaron Johnson is total eye candy in this film out of this review, but seriously, drool! He did this to me in 'Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging,' 'Kick-Ass' and now this! Something about him in the whole 50's attire and combed back hair does a little more for me though (and must have done something for the director Sam Taylor Wood as well, but so not venturing there!)

Nowhere Boy tells the story of a young John Lennon and how he came to be brought up by his Aunt and his relationship with his mother. Having no prior understanding of Lennon's early life, it was nice to get an insight into his upbringing and gives a whole new meaning to his song, 'Mother.'

I got a little teary in this film every now and again. It's always nice to watch a film that moves you a little, especially when you're in the mood for a bit of a cry. The acting in this film is fabulous, I mean when you've got someone like Kristin Scott Thomas as a part of the cast you've got to expect something great.

As much as I enjoyed this film it didn't have a profound effect on me but I would happily recommend it to anyone who is a Beatles fan and is interested in a little history of the creation of the famous band.

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment